The history of Loch Lomond started in 1955 with the construction of the 75-acre lake, damming the southern branch of Bull Creek as part of Arthur T. McIntosh’s development of the Loch Lomond Subdivision. In the mid 1950’s, as a response to postwar housing needs, Roscoe Home Construction began building 1200 square foot U.S. Steel homes on the site. In the 60’s, Briar Construction began offering larger split-level homes and raised ranches. As families grew, many of the homes and lots have seen substantial improvements with new construction, additions, and naturalized landscaping. Loch Lomond’s hilly, curving streets, however, still give our subdivision a vacation-like feel, allowing our families a place to relax and find peace in a hectic world.
Originally billed as the “Garden Spot of Mundelein,” sixty years later, Loch Lomond remains a single family home neighborhood; a quiet corner that harkens back to a less frenetic time and place. Today, our 600+ homeowners take pride in the subdivision, maintaining the look and feel of a place we call home. Surrounded by large lots, gentle sloping lawns, and old oaks, our beautiful private lake offers residents exceptional fishing, as well as a place to swim, canoe, paddle, or row. Our beaches offer picnic areas, volleyball, lifeguards, swimming lessons, boat storage, and fishing piers, but more importantly, well-maintained places to spend time with neighbors and family.
Understanding the importance of accesibility, McIintosh built the subdivision between Route 45 and Midlothian Road, making it desirably close to transportation, local schools, recreation, and businesses. For active families, Loch Lomond sits adjacent to Community Park with sports fields, tennis courts, hockey rink, and sledding hill. The Freemont Public Library is just across
the street on Midlothian Road.
In other words, McIntosh’s vision is our inheritance; one that we still value and preserve today.